801 Idlewild Way Sarasota FL 34242 MLS A4463738
Less Photos /\
801 Idlewild Way
Home Description: 801 Idlewild Way
A treasure such as this rarely becomes available for sale. For those who savor midcentury modern design, this offering is exceptional. Designed in 1963 by famed architect, Tim Seibert, who was among the original movement that came to be known as the Sarasota School of Architecture. Combined with deep boating water on the island of Siesta Key, near the white quartz sands of Siesta Beach on the Gulf of Mexico, this home is truly special. Reflective of a time when life was less cluttered; the clean lines and open spaces invite the outdoors in through walls of glass. You are welcomed into the large foyer and will be immediately drawn to the expansive outdoor pool area, an extension of the home’s living space. Offered for sale by the second owner, this home was originally designed by Mr. Seibert as a winter retreat for his northern executive client; the original raised-seal building plans are offered with the sale. The current owner expanded the home, maintaining the integrity of the original design. Featuring a living and dining room with original Seibert Japanese privacy screens and original terrazzo floors which are repeated throughout the home, a kitchen with a sliding privacy screen wall and a private outdoor courtyard. The ensuite master bedroom offers original terrazzo floors and a sitting room with views of the pool and waterway. Additional areas include a guest room with a sitting room, 1.5 baths, den, bonus room, office/workspace and laundry. The unique 40’ pool and pool deck encompass approximately 2,000 sq. ft. of screened outdoor area and overlooks 184’ of curved waterfront on an oversized, tropically landscaped lot. Boat dock, 10,000 lb. boat/kayak lift with water and electric. Oversized driveway, 2-car carport. Located at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac in the waterfront community of Siesta Isles. Near quaint Siesta Village’s shops and eateries and only 15 minutes to downtown Sarasota’s shopping, restaurants, entertainment, cultural amenities.
- Address: 801 Idlewild Way
- Levels: One
- City: Sarasota
- Zip: 34242
- County: Sarasota
- Community Features: Fence Restrictions
- Elementary School: Phillippi Shores Elementary
- Middle School: Brookside Middle
- High School: Sarasota High
- Private Pool: Y
- Pool Features: Auto Cleaner, Gunite, In Ground, Lighting, Pool Sweep, Screen Enclosure
- Water View: Canal
- Water Name: GRAND CANAL
- Water Frontage: Canal - Saltwater
- Water Feet: 184
- Water Extras: Bridges - Fixed, Dock - Wood, Dock w/Electric, Dock w/Water Supply, Lift, Seawall - Concrete
- Water Access: Canal - Saltwater
- Interior Features: Built in Features, Ceiling Fans(s), Living Room/Dining Room Combo, Master Bedroom Downstairs, Open Floorplan, Thermostat, Walk-In Closet(s), Window Treatments
- Appliances: Built-In Oven, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Water Heater, Microwave, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Tankless Water Heater, Washer
- Floor Covering: Carpet, Terrazzo, Tile
- Bedroom 2 Features: Ceiling Fan(s)
- Family Room Features: Ceiling Fan(s)
- Kitchen Features: Ceiling Fan(s), Desk Built-In
- Master Bedroom Features: Ceiling Fan(s)
- Additional Rooms: Attic, Bonus Room, Breakfast Room Separate, Formal Dining Room Separate, Formal Living Room Separate, Inside Utility, Storage Rooms
- Architectural Style: Custom, Mid-Century Modern
- Exterior Features: Lighting, Rain Gutters, Sliding Doors, Storage
- Exterior Contruction: Wood Frame, Wood Siding
- Foundation: Slab
- Front Exposure: South
- Roof: Shingle
Available now at $1,500,000
Approximate Room Sizes / Descriptions
- Garage: N
- Garage Spaces: 0
- Garage Feature: Circular Driveway, Converted Garage, Covered, Driveway, Ground Level, Oversized, Parking Pad
- Carport: Y
- Carport Spaces: 2
- Air Conditioning: Central Air
- Heating: Central, Electric
- Utilities: BB/HS Internet Available, Cable Connected, Electricity Connected, Phone Available, Public, Sewer Connected, Street Lights, Water Connected
- Lot Sqft: 16348
- Lot Acres: 0.38
- Total Acre: 1/4 Acre to 21779 Sq. Ft.
- Lot Num: 178
- HOA Fees: $150 Annually
- HOA Monthly Amount: $12
- HOA/Community Assoc: Optional
- Senior Community: N
- Style: Single Family Residence
- Location: Flood Insurance Required, FloodZone, In County, Level/Flat, Near Public Transit, Oversized Lot, Street Dead-End, Street Paved, Unincorporated
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Pet Restrictions: See Sarasota County pet ordinance
The average asking price of a 3 bedroom Sarasota home in this zip code is
$1,389,933 (7.3% less than this home).
This home is priced at $533/sqft,
which is 8.0% less than similar homes
in the 34242 zip code.
801 Idlewild Way Sarasota FL 34242
Print Map | Driving Directions
Similar to: 801 Idlewild Way
For Sale Near: 801 Idlewild Way
- Approx Payment:$7,297*
These statistics are updated daily from the My Florida Regional MLS. For further analysis or
to obtain statistics not shown below please call EasyStreet Realty at
(813) 966-2115 and speak with one of our real estate consultants.
Listing Courtesy of Premier Sothebys Intl Realty.
For information or to schedule a viewing of this property (MLS# A4463738) located at 801 Idlewild Way Sarasota FL 34242, call: (813) 966-2115
801 Idlewild Way, Sarasota FL is a single family home of 2816 sqft and
is currently priced at $1,500,000
This single family home has 3 bedrooms and was built in 1963.
A comparable home for sale at 824 Idlewild Way in Sarasota is listed at $1,095,000.
This home on 801 Idlewild Way has not had a price change.
In addition to single family homes, EasyStreet also makes it easy to find Homes, Condos, New Homes and Foreclosures
in Sarasota, FL.
Sarasota Beach, Gulf & Bay Club and Sarasota Surf And Racquet are nearby neighborhoods.
MLS A4463738 has been posted on this site since 3/31/2020 (62 days ago).